In days of search and discussion, we now confirm that there is only one reason that you can not OTA upgrade your Android Phone: Rooted! Root and OTA upgrade seems to be two rivals so far, so here comes questions: 1. Why we need Root? 2. Why the phone can’t support OTA upgrade if it is rooted? 3.How to get OTA upgrade back if my phone is rooted?
1. Why we need Root?
The answer is various. How to Fix If My Phone Can Not OTA Upgrade? Normally we said to root the phone is to get higher permission, so that you can change or customize or modify your system file. For example, remove built-in Chinese Apps or add Google Service. However, as it is known to us, almost all the China phones will not have Google Service, so, to root the phone is mostly for adding Google Service on all China Phones.
2. Why the phone can’t support OTA upgrade if it is rooted?
Ever since the beginning, Android OTA updates have worked by patching each file on your system partition individually. The recovery finds each file, checks its signature, then applies a patch to it if it matches. In a word, system files have been changed when you rooted the phone, OTA upgrade can’t patching each file, so it shows failed or directly system cracked.
3. How to get OTA upgrade back if my phone is rooted?
Like we metioned above, if we need to get the OTA upgrade back, we need to unroot the phone. Click here to download the one of these unroot apps: Simply Unroot. And please check the guide on that page. OTA Upgrade will be supported when you unroot and reboot your phone!
4. Why my Google Service disappeared when I unroot and click OTA Upgrade?
OTA upgrade needs to patch each file, Google Service Apps do not belong to system file, so they will be auto deleted when upgrading. How to get it back? Root the phone again and add Google Service again.
1. Xiaomi/ Meizu phones support OTA upgrade if you use system root tool.
2. HTC/ Samsung/ LG/ Sony phones have the Google Service built-in as system files, so it will not be removed after you click upgrade.
3. Suggest choose a stable/ Power Saving rom as long time using, or you may need to face long time lose/add Google Service cycle.